What is Mining?
In order to mine Ether, it takes up a lot of electricity. The benefits though of good mining practices include more income generated through the sale of Ether. Some websites have Ethereum mining calculators which are helpful to calculate potential profits. The profit potential currently is about 80% return per rig.
You can use any personal computer to mine Ethereum, provided the system has a Graphic Card (GPU) with at least 2 GB of RAM. Central Processing Unit (CPU) mining is simply an exercise in frustration. It takes way too long, and the profits are little thanks to the cost. GPUs are your best bet as they are 200 times faster than CPUs when it comes to mining Ether. AMD cards are more efficient than Nvidia cards as well.
Before following the provided steps, outlined below are some essential information you should keep in mind:
Mining Ether takes up a lot of electricity, and you are right in being concerned about this. On the plus side, though, if mining practices are carried out efficiently more income is generated through the sale of Ether. You will need your Ethereum Mining calculators for the process.
A pool consists of multiple miners that each contribute to get an order across the blockchain. It helps your ability to make money with being more efficient with GPU power.
So here are some pool based websites:
No registration required
1. http://ethereumpool.co/ – 0.8% fees. Payouts released 2 times a day for balances higher than 0.5 ETH.
2. http://dwarfpool.com/ – 2% fees. Payouts released 4-6 times a day for balances higher than 1 ETH.
3. http://weipool.org/ – 0% fees. Payouts released every 24 hours for balances higher than 1 ETH.
4. http://ethpool.org/ – Predictable Solo Mining pool. 0% fees. Payouts after 10 confirmations. More info on @dr_pra comments below.
5. http://nanopool.org/ – PPLNS 1% fees. Payouts released 2 times a day for balances higher than 0.1 ETH.
1. https://eth.suprnova.cc/ – 1% fees. Payouts are up to the miner (Manual or Automatic from 0.01 ETH).
2. https://coinotron.com – PPLNS 1 % fees. RBPPS 4% fees. Payouts are up to the miner (Manual from 0.1 ETH).
3. https://www2.coinmine.pl/eth/index.php – 1% fees.
Currently not recommended